Ninh Binh is known as the land of Hoa Lu ancient capital. This place is favored by nature with many beautiful and magnificent landscapes such as: mysterious caves in Trang An, beauty of rice fields of Tam Coc – Bich Dong, watching the beautiful scenery from above in Hang Dance…Let’s Local Tours Halong to explore all the Ninh Binh travel experiences !
1. Where is Ninh Binh?
Only about 100km from Hanoi capital with 2 hours traveling by bus Ninh Binh is chosen by many tourists as a vacation destination for the whole family to explore famous landscapes and enjoy delicious food, quality resorts and reasonable prices.
2. Ninh Binh has famous landmarks that attract tourists?
It would be a pity if you come to Ninh Binh but ignore these famous beautiful landscapes.
• Trang An Landscape
Trang An tourist area is the most famous tourist destination of Ninh Binh today. With beautiful unspoiled natural scenery, Trang An Ninh Binh has been recognized by Unesco as a natural heritage and World cultural heritage site.
The scene here is made up of winding rivers flowing through limestone mountains, creating countless fanciful natural mystical caves. It’s the best way to explore Trang An , visitors will be seated on a rowing boat for watching the surrounding beautiful nature.
• Tam Coc – Bich Dong
Tam Coc – Bich Dong has a special attraction for tourists in its beautiful landscape and serenity, fresh air, and full of spiritual energy. It can be said that Tam Coc – Bich Dong is both imprinted with the historical imprint of the Tran Dynasty, has both charm and attraction from mysterious caves, simple and peaceful beauty scenes, and carries in itself the spirit of the spiritual world – Buddhism.
• Mua Cave
Mua Cave is located at the foot of Mua Mountain. Although not as famous as many other scenic spots in Ninh Binh. But the Mua Cave has won a lot of visitors’ love. Because of the beautiful natural scenery as well as the space here is not crowded like the places.
From the foot of the mountain. If you come here on clear day you will see the steps that extend to the top of the mountain look like the Great Wall of miniature. Up to the top of Mua Mountain, you will see the view of the nine rice fields, the rowing boats rowing low on the water.
• Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
Hoa Lu Ancient Capital is located in Truong Yen commune, Hoa Lu district. It is a particularly important national monument of Vietnam. This relic includes King Dinh temple, King Le temple and many other works. Hoa Lu Ancient Capital is now a favorite destination of many tourists. Especially for those who want to learn about Vietnamese history.
• Bai Dinh Pagoda
Bai Dinh Pagoda is only 15km from Ninh Binh city. It is one of the largest pagodas in Vietnam with many records established as the biggest Dai Hong in Vietnam; possess the tall and tall bronze statue of Vietnam; is the temple with the largest three-way statues in Vietnam; The temple has the largest well in Vietnam as well as the most stone statues of Vietnam.
This is a pilgrimage destination tourists who have the mind to worship prostrations. The scene is like a fairyland place of Bai Dinh pagoda. So that anyone who comes here can feel the purity and peace of the space here.
• Am Tien Cave – Tuyet Tinh Coc
As a National monument located within the Hoa Lu monument complex. Am Tien Cave – Tuyet Tinh Coc is a destination that tourists can not ignore if they want to enjoy the peaceful and poetic natural scenery. Because the wild beauty is separate from the outside world.
• Thung Nham Bird Garden
Thung Nham Birds Garden is one of the most attractive places in Ninh Binh. Also a place full of cultural and spiritual elements as well as biodiversity. Surrounded by strips of rainforest on limestone mountains, with many caves and valleys mingling with nature and trees.
In particular, you will discover the lives of nearly 40 species of birds with the number up to 50,000. Every time when the sunset comes, you will see a flock of white storks flying around the wetland, creating an amazing wild beauty.
• Van Long Nature Reserve
A charming eco-tourism area, famous poetic sky and clouds is no less than Tam Coc scenic is Van Long Nature Reserve. The lagoon covers an area of 3000ha and is the largest wetland nature reserve in the Northern of Vietnam.
When traveling buy boat on the lagoon. You will see the flat water as a giant mirror. So this place is also known as “the bay without waves”. Following the small boat, you are surrounded by a vast swamp of water, birds, turtles and limestone massifs with the right names. Such as Meo Cui mountain, Mam Xoi mountain, Hom Sach mountain, Co mountain. Tien … The poetic natural scenery here makes everyone fall in love.
• Cuc Phuong National Park
Cuc Phuong National Park has a total area of 25,000ha. It is a famous tourist destination for ecology and environment, attracting hundreds of thousands of visitors every year. Visitors here will discover rich flora and fauna, admire the beautiful natural landscape, participate in eco-tourism, convalescence, trekking, research and historical culture programs.
You can visit Cuc Phuong National Park during the day. If you want to experience and explore more so you can do 2 to 3 day trip is appropriate. According to Ninh Binh’s travel experiences, going to Cuc Phuong in the early rainy season of June – July every year. You will have the opportunity to admire the butterflies flying through the forest
• Phat Diem stone church
Phat Diem cathedral (often called Phat Diem Stone Church). It’s covering about 22-hectare Catholic church complex, located in Phat Diem town. Phat Diem Stone Church is one of the most beautiful churches and the “Catholic capital” of Vietnam.
Phat Diem Stone Church was built entirely of stone and wood. It’s started construction and completed from 1875 to 1898. Although it is a Catholic church, it is modeled after the architectural features of traditional Vietnamese temple. It’s created special features that no other church has.
3. What to eat at Ninh Binh?
Ninh Binh must have been too famous for burnt rice, goat meat, there are many other typical dishes of Ninh Binh such as Ninh Binh mountain snails, braised fish with shells, rice paper, sprouted vermicelli, … learn more at Top 10 Most Delicious Dishes In Ninh Binh You Must Try
Are you wondering which restaurant to choose to enjoy Ninh Binh dishes that are both delicious and reasonably priced? You can check out some of our recommendations at Top 8 Best Rated Restaurants For Delicious And Resonable Price In Ninh Binh
4. Where to sleep in Ninh Binh for a long time?
Bungalow or eco lodge
Coming to Ninh Binh, many tourists have preferred to choose bungalows or eco lodges to be able to fully enjoy the nature, scenery and cool climate where Ninh Binh is quiet. To learn more about the top famous bungalows or eco lodges in Ninh Binh with beautiful decoration and charming scenery, click to Top 5 Beautiful Bungalows and Eco Lodge Decor, Very Chill Space
Besides bungalow or eco lodge, tourists also choose resort resorts to enjoy their trip to Ninh Binh in a lavish and comfortable way. To learn more about the top famous resorts in Ninh Binh with good services, reasonable prices suitable for resorts, click to Top 10 Most Famous Resorts In Ninh Binh Suitable For Relaxation
5. The best time to get to Ninh Binh?
In spring (February to April):
In summer (May to August):
In the autumn (July to October):
In winter (from November to January next year):
6. How to get to Ninh Binh?
- Bus: you can go to My Dinh / Nuoc Ngam / Giap Bat bus station in Hanoi to go to Nho Quan or Kim Son bus station in Ninh Binh.
- Limousine: Pick up and drop off you at the hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter and give you up better experience.
- Train: Taking the train to Ninh Binh is also an interesting experience. This way, you board the train from Hanoi and get off at Ninh Binh station. Train ticket prices range from 70,000 to 120,000 VND/person, depending on seat class.
- Private car or motorbike: if you go in a small group, this is a great choice for your trip. You can take Phap Van – Cau Gie highway to Ninh Binh. With this road, it takes you about 1.5 hours to travel.
7. If you are wondering how to organize your own tour, you can refer to our tours and we will help you:
- Coming to Private Tour: Bai Dinh – Trang An – Mua Cave Full Day From Hanoi you will be overwhelmed with the largest temple in Vietnam, leisurely on a boat to explore caves in Trang An and even trekking Mua Cave to see the scenery from above.
- Joining to Private Ninh Binh 1 Day Tour: Hoa Lu – Tam Coc & Mua Caves From Hanoi you will discover Hoa Lu, the first capital of Vietnam, take a leisurely boat ride in Tam Coc to see the caves and rice fields on both sides of the Ngo Dong River and trek to the top of Mua Cave to see the whole view of Mua Cave from above.
- Coming to From Hanoi: Hoa Lu – Tam Coc & Mua Caves Full Day Trip you will discover Hoa Lu ancient, the first capital of Vietnam, explore caves in Trang An and trekking on top in Mua Cave to see scenery from above.
- Choose to Bai Dinh Pagoda and Trang An Boating Full Day Tour – Small Group you will visit and sightsee at the largest famous temple in Vietnam, ride a Trang An boat to drop your soul into the landscape, explore mysterious caves.
- Joining to Mai Chau – Pu Luong – Ninh Binh 4 Days 3 Nights Tour From Hanoi you will come to famous tourist attractions in Ninh Binh such as:Hoa Lu, Tam Coc, Trang An, Mua Cave and Bai Dinh Pagoda .We believe this trip will bring you a great experience.