Hoa Lu ancient capital was the first capital of Vietnam under the reigns of King Dinh and King Le. Experiencing many ups and downs of history, today this place still retains its ancientness through preserved ancient architectural works. Let Local Tours Halong will take you to explore Hoa Lu Ancient Capital!
Where is Hoa Lu Ancient Capital?
Hoa Lu Ancient Capital is located in Truong Yen commune, Hoa Lu district, Ninh Binh Province, Vietnam. The area is approximately 90 km south of Hanoi. Together Tam Coc – Bich Dong, Bai Dinh Temple, Trang An, Cuc Phuong,… Hoa Lu Ancient Capital is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Ninh Binh Province.
What does Hoa Lu attract tourists?
Although it has only been the capital of Vietnam for 42 years, Hoa Lu Ancient Capital contains many golden imprints of the history of the Vietnamese nation. Located in the complex of Trang An scenic spots recognized by UNESCO as a world cultural heritage. each year this place attracts millions of visitors.
King Dinh Temple:
This lamp worships King Dinh Tien Hoang who defeated the 12 warlords who won independence and gave birth to the Dai Co Viet state. Come here, you will admire the stone and wood carving art of Vietnamese artisans, you will feel the ancient sacredness here.
King Le Temple:
This temple worships King Le Dai Hanh with almost the same structure as the temple of King Dinh, but on a smaller scale.
Both these temples show gratitude and respect for the merits of these two kings.
Ma Yen mountain
This place is called Ma Yen mountain because of its shape like a saddle. 200m high mountain here you can admire the whole beauty of Hoa Lu Ninh Binh.
Nhat Tru Pagoda
Best time to visit Hoa Lu Ancient Capital?
You can come to Hoa Lu at any time of the year. However, spring is the most beautiful time and many festivals are held, so this is the right time for you if you want to participate and experience the bustling, crowded atmosphere of these festivals. If you are a quiet person, want to enjoy the peaceful space of this place, you can choose to go on the remaining days.
Entrance ticket 20 000 VND/person.
How to get to Hoa Lu Ancient Capital?
Hoa Lu Ancient Capital is about 100km from Hanoi, so you can choose from many different types of transportation such as train, bus, limousine or even motorbike.
- Bus: you can go to My Dinh / Nuoc Ngam / Giap Bat bus station in Hanoi to go to Nho Quan or Kim Son bus station in Ninh Binh. Then take a motorbike taxi or taxi to go to Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
- Limousine: The limousine will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Hanoi’s Old Quarter and offer you better services than taking a bus
- Train: Taking the train to Ninh Binh is also an interesting experience. This way, you board the train from Hanoi and get off at Ninh Binh station. From here you can take a bus or taxi to Hoa Lu Ancient Capital . Train ticket prices range from 70,000 to 120,000 VND/person, depending on seat class.
- Private car or motorbike: You can easily rent a car in Hanoi. If traveling in a small group, renting a car is the optimal choice for you. You can start at Phap Van – Cau Gie highway and then continue in the direction of Cau Gie – Phu Ly – Ninh Binh with a travel time of about 1h – 1h30.
Tips to Hoa Lu Ancient Capital trip BETTER:
Hoa Lu Ninh Binh is a spiritual tourist destination, so when you come here:
- You need to wear your clothes politely.
- Keep gently while visiting king Dinh- Le temple.
- Must follow the guidance of management of Hoa Luor tour guide.
- No littering.
- If travel by yourself, see the map of Hoa Lu tourist complex first.
If you are busy and can’t arrange your trip, let Local Tours Halong help you!
Choose From Hanoi: Hoa Lu – Tam Coc – Mua Cave Full Day Tour to explore the famous places of Ninh Binh with many activities: trekking to the top of Mua Cave, panoramic view of Tam Coc, discovering Hoa Lu ancient capital and leisurely on a boat in Tam Coc.
- If you are looking for a 1-day tour not too far from Hanoi From Hanoi: Hoa Lu – Trang An Cave – Mua Cave Day Trip and Lunch is the most reasonable choice you can: explore the ancient Hoa Lu, take a Trang An boat ride through the caves and spiritual spots, standing on top of the Mua Cave to enjoy the panoramic view of Tam Coc.