Son Ba Muoi Village converges 3 factors of climate, culture and people. This place is known with the nickname “miniature Sapa of Thanh land” as well as Da Lat in the middle of Thanh country, domestic and international tourists come to explore.
Where is Son Ba Muoi Village?
Son Ba Muoi village is located in Lung Cao town, Ba Thuoc district, Thanh Hoa province, about 130km from Thanh Hoa center, there are 3 highland villages located on the top of Pha He mountain, located in the core area of Pu Luong nature reserve. Thanh Hoa. This place is located next to Ngoc Son nature reserve of Hoa Binh province, parallel to the Pu Luong – Cuc Phuong mountain circuit. Ban Son – Ba – Muoi is also known by another name, Cao Son area.
What attractions in Son Ba Muoi Village?
Located at an altitude of 1100m, these 3 villages are almost separate from the ones located at the foot of the mountain. The fog covers almost all year round, creating a mysterious and poetic beauty. The majestic mountain landscape interspersed with the houses on stilts completes the pristine picture typical of the mountains of Vietnam.
As a highland area, Son Ba Muoi Village has a quite pleasant climate even on hot summer days. In winter, this place also has a colder climate than other villages, so it is also known as Sapa hanging in the middle of Thanh Hoa.
When coming to the village, visitors will admire the wild and majestic beauty of nature, blending into the ancient, simple and peaceful atmosphere of the villages.
The people here are very affectionate and hospitable, visitors will experience the rustic life, chat with the elders and have fun with the innocent children here.
In addition, visitors can enjoy delicious specialties of this land such as chicken sticky rice, bitter gourd soup, wild banana flower salad, bamboo shoots soaked in chili and ecstasy and cups of spicy corn wine on the tip of the tongue.
The best time to go to Son Ba Muoi Village?
Visitors should come to explore and experience Son Ba Muoi Village on:
May to June: Due to the higher terrain than other regions, this place is still very comfortable in the hot summer. When coming to the village at this time, you will admire the cool green color of the terraced fields in the rice season.
September to October: at this time, the ripe rice fields gradually turn yellow mixed with the green of the mountains creating a colorful picture.
4. How to get to Pu Luong:
- Bus: From Hanoi, take a bus from Gia Lam, Giap Bat bus station to Thanh Hoa to Canh Nang town and then hire a taxi, motorbike or motorbike taxi to Pu Luong about 20km.
- Motorbike: The most convenient way, you can ride a motorbike along Highway 6 in the direction of Hoa Binh -> go through Lung Van valley (or Ban Lac, Mai Chau) -> to Pu Luong. The distance is about 200km, the travel time is about 4-5 hours.
- Limousine: 16-seat limousine bus to pick up and drop off at your hotel in Hanoi to Pu Luong. Besides, when choosing a limousine, you will experience a better service than a regular bus.
5. Below are some of our Pu Luong tours you can refer to:
- Joining to Pu Luong Nature Reserve 3 Days Small Group Tour From Hanoi: Waterfall, Infinity Pool, Cave Exploring Pu Luong 3 days 2 nights tour will give you more time to explore Pu Luong Nature Reserve, an area of outstanding beauty and cultural interest. Enjoy a comfortable stay with sophisticated service in Pu Luong, with its captivating panoramic views and tranquil setting, take part in many exciting activities: river bamboo rafting or kayaking, walking around tumbling rice terraces, trekking.
- Coming to Mai Chau – Pu Luong 2 Days 1 Night Tour From Hanoi This tour offer the possibility to discover two beautiful places in two days: Mai Chau valley and Pu Luong nature reserve. Cycling and trekking to get closer to nature and the people. You will be impressed by the scenery, the mountain, the rice field terraces and the valley making this place wonderful destination for your excursions in Vietnam.