Hieu in Thai language means a precarious land, protruding right with the terrain where Hieu and Hieu waterfall are located. Coming to Hieu village, the first impression of visitors is the peaceful scene, the traditional Thai stilt houses are made entirely from natural materials such as bamboo and brocade motifs to create a unique atmosphere. cozy space.
Where is Hieu Village?
Ban Hieu is a small village located in Co Lung commune, Ba Thuoc district, Thanh Hoa in the core area of Pu Luong Nature Reserve. With hundreds of houses scattered at the foot of the mountain, it is a place where mainly Thai people live.
What does Hieu Village have attract tourist?
Hieu Waterfall is the place that any visitor wants to stop when coming to Ban Hieu. Hieu Waterfall is known as one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Pu Luong with wild scenery. The waterfall has a length of about 800m, with the stream falling from the top of the mountain, splitting into 2 branches flowing in 2 different directions and merging at the end of the stream. According to the people here, this waterfall flows year-round and never runs dry, this is also a source of water for domestic use and irrigation for the people here and the surrounding area.
At the foot of Hieu waterfall, there is a swimming pool with a water level of more than 1m, allowing visitors to freely play and swim here. Around Hieu stream, there is also an area of stilt houses, spacious huts for tourism, making the number of visitors to Hieu waterfall more and more every year.
Don Street Mark
From Ban Hieu, visitors can move to explore the Don street market, a very famous market dating back to the French colonial period in Pu Luong. Don street market, also known as Doan street market, is only held on Monday and Sunday mornings. This is a place for cultural and identity exchange between Kinh, Muong and Thai people. The highlight of the Dan street market is that the exchange is not only using money, they can exchange goods of equal value with each other.
Enjoy Ban Hieu specialties?
Co Lung Roast Duck
Having the opportunity to travel to Ban Hieu Pu Luong, the cuisine prepared by the people here will make you remember forever. Co Lung roast duck is a famous dish of Thai people in Ban Hieu that anyone who comes here wants to enjoy. Co Lung Duck is a purebred duck, with a short neck, short stature, small legs, neck and head with feathers that are freely released throughout the fields and valleys, so it has high disease resistance, firmness and delicious taste.
After being preliminarily cleaned, the duck will be marinated with spices such as salt, doi seeds, mac Khen seeds, honey leaves and then roasted on charcoal. When the duck is cooked, it turns red brick color and the greasy aroma stimulates the taste buds.
This is a dish used by the people here in daily meals, on holidays and while working in the fields. In the Thai language, lam means grilled, rice lam is rice placed in a bamboo tube and grilled over a charcoal fire. Rice to make Lam rice is carefully selected by people from freshly harvested upland glutinous rice, white and round after soaking overnight, it will be put into a bamboo tube lined with banana leaves and heated over the fire of bamboo charcoal, charcoal,… Lam rice is best when dipped with sesame salt and is also a gift that tourists want to buy when coming to Pu Luong.
Just like the Northwest mountains, the hill chickens here will make you excited. The hill chicken is completely freed by the villagers in the fields and ravines, so it is very firm and delicious, completely different from the chicken in the plain. Chicken is processed with dishes such as grilled chicken, boiled chicken, roasted chicken with lemongrass and chili, … along with typical ingredients to create an irresistible delicious taste.
The best time to go to Hieu Village?
Visitors should come to explore and experience Hieu Village on:
May to June: Due to the higher terrain than other regions, this place is still very comfortable in the hot summer. When coming to the village at this time, you will admire the cool green color of the terraced fields in the rice season.
September to October: at this time, the ripe rice fields gradually turn yellow mixed with the green of the mountains creating a colorful picture.
4. How to get to Pu Luong:
- Bus: From Hanoi, take a bus from Gia Lam, Giap Bat bus station to Thanh Hoa to Canh Nang town and then hire a taxi, motorbike or motorbike taxi to Pu Luong about 20km.
- Motorbike: The most convenient way, you can ride a motorbike along Highway 6 in the direction of Hoa Binh -> go through Lung Van valley (or Ban Lac, Mai Chau) -> to Pu Luong. The distance is about 200km, the travel time is about 4-5 hours.
- Limousine: 16-seat limousine bus to pick up and drop off at your hotel in Hanoi to Pu Luong. Besides, when choosing a limousine, you will experience a better service than a regular bus.
5. You can refer to some tours to Pu Luong of our:
- Choosing to Pu Luong Nature Reserve 2 Days 1 Night Small Group Tour From Hanoi unique group tour to reach the hidden Pu Luong Nature Reserve. The best opportunity to discover a beautiful and natural area. There is no better way to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and meet the local people than hiking in the Reserve. You will be impressed by the scenery, the mountains, the rice field terraces and the valley making this place wonderful destination for your excursions in Vietnam.
- Joing to Mai Chau – Pu Luong – Ninh Binh 4 Days 3 Nights From Hanoi this combination is the perfect tour to discover most beautiful places of Vietnam. Learn more about one of Vietnam’s ethnic minority groups, the Muong people in Mai Chau valley, Pu Luong reserve is an authentic place unspoiled by tourism. Minorities in Pu Luong (as Black Thai) live from agriculture. Trekking through the villages will offer you the chance to meet them, discover their culture and daily life, learn about their agriculture system (especially the waterwheels system). The nature in Pu Luong is intact and swim by a waterfall in the middle of the jungle is an amazing experience that this tour provides to you. Then, in NinhBinh, you will board a boat to discover the Halong Bay on land, Trang An. Hiking to the top of mountain Mua cave to have great view river.
If you have any questions or arrange your own tour please Contact Us. We promise to bring you great experiences!