Don Version is a mountainous village with outstanding potential for tourism with natural conditions as well as cultural traditions. Coming to this place, visitors can both see the ripe rice fields and experience and learn more about the culture and customs of the Thai and Muong ethnic groups. Don Version attracts domestic as well as international tourists when it brings the typical peacefulness of the mountains of Vietnam. Let’s Local Tours Halong to explore all the Don Version travel experiences!
1. Where is Don Version?
Don version in Thanh Lam commune, Thanh Hoa is a rustic and idyllic mountainous village located in Pu Luong nature reserve. With the typical weather, climate and topography along with the national cultural identity every year, Don Version attracts a large number of domestic and international tourists to visit and relax away from the hustle and bustle life outside that.
2. Why should tourists come to Don Version?
With more than 80 households living together with a few tourism businesses because Don Version still retains its pristine beauty. The village still retains the traditional stilt house, located at the foot of the hill, surrounded by beautiful terraced fields along with the cool climate throughout the year, the unique natural scenery of the Thai and Muong ethnic groups. Coming to Don Version, you will feel like you are lost in the fairyland, where the land is peaceful, fresh and poetic with the locals.
Besides, coming to Don Version, you also have the opportunity to enjoy elaborate dishes made from raw materials in the mountains and streams. Depending on the time and season of the year when you come here, the dishes you enjoy will be different. Some special Thai dishes are: grilled fish, lam rice, steamed pork, grilled chicken, stone snails,… Popular dishes and favorites of many tourists are: upland sticky rice with large, clear and fragrant seeds. Especially when coming to this place, it is famous for its Co Lung duck, which resembles a duck with short legs and long neck, and is grazed in the field, so the meat is firmer and more fragrant.
Visitors to Ban Don also experience more campfire activities, drinking alcohol, and cultural exchanges with Thai Xoe dances, throughout Thailand, folk dances, folk dances imbued with national identity with young people. Beautiful women in national costumes, traditional musical instruments captivate tourists.
Coming to Ban Don, you will be able to witness with your own eyes the women who weave brocade by themselves, making clothes, costumes for themselves and their families with items such as blankets, pillows, cushions, towels, etc. Seeing women with skillful hands making extremely sophisticated products is an interesting experience when coming here. If you want, you can buy these items as souvenirs or give very meaningful gifts to friends.
3. What time of year should you go to Don Version?
Each season, each time Don Version will bring visitors different experiences:
- If you are a fan of the green color of young rice, you should visit Don from May to June.
- You can also visit Ban Don in September and October, at this time it has the golden color of the terraced fields. surrounded by green in the mountains. The natural scenery is like a colorful picture giving visitors a very unique experience.
4. How to get to Pu Luong:
- Bus: From Hanoi, take a bus from Gia Lam, Giap Bat bus station to Thanh Hoa to Canh Nang town and then hire a taxi, motorbike or motorbike taxi to Pu Luong about 20km.
- Motorbike: The most convenient way, you can ride a motorbike along Highway 6 in the direction of Hoa Binh -> go through Lung Van valley (or Ban Lac, Mai Chau) -> to Pu Luong. The distance is about 200km, the travel time is about 4-5 hours.
- Limousine: 16-seat limousine bus to pick up and drop off at your hotel in Hanoi to Pu Luong. Besides, when choosing a limousine, you will experience a better service than a regular bus.
5. Below are some of our Pu Luong tours you can refer to:
- Joining to Pu Luong Nature Reserve 2 Days 1 Night Small Group Tour From Hanoi this tour is designed for people who want to discover off the beaten tourists track by discovering the hidden Pu Luong Nature Reserve. You will have the experience to walk through some rice field terraces, jungle to meet some Black Thai Minorities, learn about the agriculture system with the giant waterwheels and take part in the Bamboo Raft trip on Cham stream.
- Coming to Mai Chau – Pu Luong 3 Days 2 Nights Tour From Hanoi In this 3 day trip to Pu Luong you explore the best scenery in Vietnam, with beautiful rice fields, waterwheels and local minority villages. Stay overnight in a eco resort with infinity pool. Pu Luong Nature Reserve is an area of outstanding beauty, cultural interest and high biodiversity stretching from Mai Chau in the north-west to Cuc Phuong National Park in the south-east. The region is blessed with rich forests, limestone panoramas, magnificent rice terraces and breath-taking scenery. On this 3-day trek through Pu Luong Nature Reserve you can experience the everyday life and culture of Thai and Muong ethnic minorities and spend your nights with friendly locals.